Oh, the life that I would plan if I were a man!
In 1930s Paris, down on her luck soprano, Victoria Grant struggles to find work. She meets Toddy, a flamboyant nightclub singer who convinces her to disguise herself as a female impersonator, "Victor." She quickly becomes the toast of the town, lauded for her eerie, gender defying vocal ability. However, complications arise when a Chicago mobster becomes enamoured with her and she is forced to choose between love and her career.
This exciting musical explores, love, gender, innocence and mistaken identity all in the glitzy setting of Gay Paree.
There's no dream you can't find in Paris...
Paree by night!
FRONT ROW CENTRE PLAYERS SOCIETY'S COMMUNITY THEATRE PRODUCTION OF
- BOOK BY BLAKE EDWARDS
- MUSIC BY HENRY MANCINI
- LYRICS BY LESLIE BRICUSSE
- ADDITIONAL MUSIC BY FRANK WILDHORN
- DIRECTED BY MATT DEWALD
- CHOREOGRAPHY BY KYM BUTLER
- MUSICAL DIRECTION BY LURENE BATES
- FEATURING CAITLIN KARPETZ as VICTOR/VICTORIA GRANT
- JANOS ZELLER as CARROLL "TODDY" TODD
- HANNAH UNTERSCHULTZ as NORMA CASSIDY
- BRAD SIMON as KING MARCHAND
- MARCO QUON as SQUASH BERNSTEIN
VICTOR/VICTORIA is presented by arrangement with Concord Theatricals on behalf of Tams-Witmark LLC